“The self-management toolkit is a self-contained professional development session (a “PD-in-a-Box”) built to ensure that teachers have a positive experience while learning more about self-management.” - Transforming Education
What is Self-Management?
Self-management is a key enabler for all learning (for children and adults!) whether for academic subjects, other content areas, or skills like playing a musical instrument. Self-management allows students to follow through on plans to complete assignments, study for tests, and stay focused in class. In adults, it is critical to reaching goals related to learning or life, like developing a new professional skill or keeping to a diet. Learn more: hear from students, and find out what you can do.
This free Self-Management Toolkit includes:
- Facilitators guide with sample agendas Slide presentation to guide you through the session
- Animation showing the critical role self-management plays for children over the long term, that it can be taught, and the mindset needed to actually teach it
- Video interviews with students who saw dramatic improvements after learning specific self-management strategies in school
- Practical strategies and sample ways to use them that teachers can implement immediately
- Suggested reflection activities and a practical planning exercise
- Handout with all of the key session content plus extra implementation examples that teachers can take with them
Learn more and download the free Self-Management Toolkit here.